Thursday, January 18, 2007

Final Draft Chapter 1

The reformatting is going smooth, the hard part is cutting some of the dialogue down. What can I say, some parts are overwritten. Well I am reading some parts of the chapters that look like speeches, and it takes away from the action in the story. I need the words to make impact with less lines. I have been reading some of the lines aloud to hear their impact. I have also trimmed where necessary. What I am most pleased with is finding the right words to say.

I am curious, as I have a feeling to add some more character moments, and that may mean losing some scenes. I will weigh this on my things to do list. I feel that I won't know the full impact of the story until I complete this revision.

I have added some more descriptions, which were necessary, and the altered dialogue is helping me define the characters better. I can see them in my mind, and I know I can place them and various situations and KNOW what they will do, based on what I have done. That's progress to me.

No comments: