Friday, October 20, 2006

Chapter Three III

The revisions are nearly done for chapter three. I decied to take a little break from writing, as I have tomorrow to devote to revisons before giving the script to Cari. I did have to do some cutting of scenes, but I am not sad about it. I was receptive of the changes because the bottom line is that the cutting had to be done. I learned long ago, that cutting parts of written works is vital to the overall story. Sometimes I can change the sentences and make the words stronger. Other times there isn't a damn thing I can do. Some words fail me, and thus would fail a reader. How can I be upset with the progress I've made, when I know that the story will be stronger for my efforts? It would be wrong of me, as a writer, to think that all the parts of the story are so golden that they cannot be deleted.

I should also mention it is not as easy as it might seem. I did some re-reading several times to get the ideas correct. I even read parts of the script aloud. Did the dialogue seem true? Did it seem weak? How did the descriptions sound? I also came up with a wicked idea along the way. This pleases me, to keep producing ideas. I am making a promise to myself to start a new series when I am done with this one.

No comments: