Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Don't Forget To Add Salt and Pepper

I was remembering a time when I was cooking and my Mom came by and said, "don't foget to add some salt and pepper." I found that odd, since she knows that's what I do. Then one day her sister, my aunt, came by when I was making pork chops and said, "don't foget to season the meat." OK, once was enough, but when people start thinking you don't have the sense to season for taste then there's a problem. I told them both that the comments were well-intention, but insulting. They say they don't mean anything by it, but I was like naw, don't go there. If their Mom said that to them both would be insulted. That is a true fact. Granny can be crititcal of her kids when she was ready.

Called my mom the other day and I told her I was cooking, and she asked me if I seasoned my food, added onions, etc. I'm like Mom please. I cooked at home, for you you know I love my seasonings. She couldn't hep herself. Parents. You gotta love them even when they mean well, but don't trust your taste buds. LOL

No comments: