Thursday, October 05, 2006

Independence, A Reflection

On 9/30/05 I was called to be told that I had the job as Circulation Assitant in Savannah, GA. I had an ear to ear smile like the Joker put that gass on me. The next call I got was a pissed off customer. She didn't phase me in the least. She wanted to know why Verizon Wireless lost her money. I aimed to find it for her. I belived I did. Filled out various forms to get her some measure of satisfaction.

October 5th, 2006, I submitted my letter of resignation to Verizon Wireless. I was so relived to give this to my then boss, Jesse. It was his bithday, but I was ready to leave VZW as an employee. This was my stab at independance as I left the comforts of my home, for a new city, new job, and a brand new chapter in my life.

The 24th will mark the full year of me being an employee of the library. For better or worse, I am glad I made it through this time.

I lasted 11 months at Verizon Wireless. That is the shortest I have ever stayed at a job. Before VZW I worked over 4 years at the College of Chrleston's library. Before that 2 1/2 years at a conference assistant. Before that, 2 1/2 years as a library assitant. I love to stay where I am, don't like the chaos that surrounds me.

Sometimes I have to stop and take stock of the direction my life is flowing.

No comments: