Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Great Work Experience

Today was going to be so blah by way of work, as people tortured me with a visit evry five mins until I decided to sit at the front desk to engage people directly. i also thought this would curb my irritation with people. LOL It worked.

More important I had a professor who was fustrated, and busy most of the time, and I took my time to help her look up some dvd's and video tapes. She told me that by helping her, I took off some of the fustration she was under, and that she usually doesn't get good service when she visits the library. I was in the mood to help as I could tell she was in true need of service (most students want me to do ALL their work for them).

Well she wanted to speak with my supervisor, and she told him that she would indeed let him know how important my help was to her. I know this sounds sappy, but that comment made my week. I LOVE when people are satisfied with service, and really want help, and got great help. I can tell you all stories of how some people come in and truly test all of my (and other staff members' paitence). I am aglow with happiness. Even if she doesn't tell my supervisor, it doesn't matter to me. She was happy and I love to see people happy.

No comments: