Sunday, October 15, 2006

Chapter Three

I started revising chapter three late last night. This is me trying to do things away from the computer, and relizing some pros and cons. For one. Chapter two had four pages I didn't use. I was going to put them in chapter 3 naturally. When I started reading chapter three, I realized that the four pages were already in ch. 3. I took them out and was hoping to add them in earlier. Found out the hard way they didn't fit, so I am back to square one with them. I still need to cut a few scenes out of ch 3 to make room for a decent flashback a couple of characters need.

Discussed the roles of the women in the story with a friend. She was concerned that some of the female characters may come off as witchy. Some of the ladies in the story are very assertive in their own right, and their personalities do conflict. To me they are driving the story forward. They are great characters because they aren't taking whatever is thrown their way and accepting it as staus quo. I don't know if that made sense to her. I will ask her when I speak to her later.

Decided to compare the gusy in the story. I have one alpha male who is good at being bad, and somehow I think that will translate to the character having popularity. The other two are works in progress. As at least one of them is going through changes in the story. I'd like to see him rounded out much more, as opposed to as a mere story element. Maybe he needs some background information told about him. Clearly he is the object of several people's eyes, and I want him to have genuine reactions to his enviroments and people. I don't know. I will work on that.

No comments: