Friday, October 20, 2006

Hectic Night

While at work there was some sort of gathering going on for Savannah State. Some kind of black and white party where the people wear, well, black and white clothing. It meant that there was a LOT of extra cars than there was usually near the library at night. Someone parked so close to the back of my car I thought his car married mine.

Another guy was helping his pal parallel park. The helpful pal made the mistake of standing in the parking space. The driver backed his car into the guy, pinning him to the car behind him. He nearly crushed his pal's legs while parallel parking. Fortunately, the driver caught himself in time. Otherwise I would have had a full view of a man getting his legs crushed.

There were some sharp dressed people turning out. Some chicks in hoochie gear making their way to the event. The lady that stepped out of the car look like she was ready for a rap video. Of course, some people didn't know how to act, and tied up traffic some. It made Broughton street a little undesirable to be at tonight. All of this was the calm before the storm.

Soon there were police lights and an abulance siren going off, as the place down the stree was getting crazy. I heard from someone that the police entered, tear gassed and maced people in the building, which was said to be too small. None of this is verified, so I can't say that's what really happened, but if it did, that's scary. When I left work, there were still police lights going on. I may hear about it on the news tomorrow.

Well all I wanted to do is get home. Of course while going home two people driving were like annoyed with each other, as one, drove too slow for the other. We were all heading the same way, taking the same turn off. The second guy sccoted over to the next lane to cut the other guy off. Keep in mind I kept my distance, because I HATE being around people who drive erratic. I'd rather let them out do each other while I keep my distance.

No comments: