Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturdazed

The spagetti sauce is cooking, and all that's left is the noodles. Life is good. I was thinking about my spending habits. I'm not proud of this, but it used to be that I didn't think about the consequences of spending without paying my bills first. It is a HUGE mistake to do so, and one can reap some mad pain without thinking of how spending thoughtlessly can affect your life.

To my credit (no pun intended), this month, I was ready do a tiny bit of splurging. Each time I tried I stopped. My first thought was, "I hadn't paid any bills yet." This was so true, and on top of this I have some care expenses to deal with. I so hate unexpected expense, but it is a true fact of life. What I want is to not go through the dram of having my cable suspended, or another late fee due to me being careless. i am so much more than my late fees and bills. I can't be defined simply by my credit rating alone.

I decided that if it isn't necessary, I wasn't spending at all. For the time being, I will make do with what I have. I want to pay my bills after I visit the dealership and get my hazzard switch replaced. I will then spend the money accordingly. My bills will be paid. I am going to take up whatever slack I have to when I get paid again, but I will NOT splurge!

I am VERY thankful for the voice of maturity in my head. I am also very grateful that I am able to act upon that voice, which seems to be getting stronger every day. I am hoping the maturity will bring a sence of balance and order to my life. I am learning structure to bild upon my future. It's not easy, but like writing, its a challenge that I am very pleased to be going through.

2 comments:

M. Akamau said...

Hmmm. Stumbled upon your blog, just by hitting 'next blog'. Imagine. I like what I read of you, and am thinking I should bookmark you. It's just good to read folks who take their blogs seriously and are committed to it. Ya know? So yeah. I'ma snoop around a little bit more.

Peace,
Michele

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting. I like to update as much as possible, and have gotten better at it.